Clark Brookes Turner Cary came about after the merger in 2012 of two well-known Black Country High Street lawyers. They were spread over two old office buildings on West Bromwich High Street.
Both buildings were in poor condition and were very inefficient. In early 2014 the partners decided to move to new offices in West Bromwich that allowed them to be on one floor whilst updating their image for their customers.
With the partners focused on earning fees/servicing their customers and an Office Manager with little expertise in moving offices The Move Master was engaged to ensure a seamless move to their new offices whilst ensuring customers could contact them and the firm ran as normal. With a large number of visiting customers the offices had to be closed as normal on the Friday at 1730 and open the following Monday at 0900.
- Leading High Street lawyer based in West Bromwich
- 50 staff based at West Bromwich HQ
- Merger in 2012 with another local lawyer to form CBTC
The Move Master provided a dedicated Move Manager to provide the following services:
- Take brief from Move Champion
- Liaison with external IT/Telecoms supplier and office manager to define and organize move
- Define projects risks predominantly based around making sure the office reopened on the Monday
- Do space planning for new offices
- Agree furniture/equipment to be moved
- Filing audit
- Collate Voice & data sheets and identify location of each member of staff in new office
- Produce Move Schedule & phased move plan
- Procure and manage removals company
- Supervise move over one weekend
- Post move support
- Apply for Building Regulations on the works carried out
- Apply for planning permission for external signage
- Organise additional space in new offices for customers files and documents
After our first visit we quickly identified that there was a huge quantity of filing and the room needed had been underestimated by the customer. This was quickly resolved with the letting agent and landlord with the customer taking additional office space and archiving of files to reduce the amount of storage required.
The move in itself was not complicated but a combination of old unwieldy furniture and staff used to being in the same offices for some considerable time required diplomacy from our Move Manager. Certain staff simply did not want to move so this had to be handled sensitively.
Ultimately the move went as planned with the office open and fully operational on the agreed date.
The customer commented on our “very good service” and they would “happily recommend us to people they knew” which they have already done.Contact Us