What Music You Listen To Can Determine Your Mood
The music we listen to can lift us up, calm us and even motivate us to do those hard-to-start tasks. Music in the workplace can be an emotive topic, here The Move Master supports the belief that letting employees listen to the right music can be productive, for everyone.
A recent article by a leading US Sales Guru Jeffrey Gitomer made for very interesting reading.
He talks about “The music you grew up with and the music you listen to every day… because the right song can transport you back to an exact place and time in an instant – and create a great feeling” Hopefully it is a great place that music takes you to – somewhere positive and inspirational.
We all have important meetings every day be it with colleagues or with customers or potential customers.
The ones with customers, or potential customers especially, it is so important to walk in to that meeting in a good mood. You are trying to convince them to do something, sell an idea, product or service.
Gitomer asks some great questions:
- What’s your music?
- What were you dancing to?
- What are you dancing to?
- What’s making your memories?
- What’s keeping your memories alive?
- What makes you cry with joy?
- What makes you sing along (even if you can’t sing)?
- What makes you stop and contemplate life?
He then recommends a plan, the MUSIC ACTION PLAN:
- Document your music memory makers and get that music onto your music player or phone.
- Identify the music that makes you wanna dance and puts you in a great mood. Download it all and put it in a separate “sales music” file on your iPod.
- Listen with the intent to be in a great frame of mind. A sales frame of mind.
To read Gitomer's article in full - Click Here and let the Move Master take you there.
The Move Master - taking your business to new places.